https://classiccitycatering.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/C3np-N5Z.jpeg 1367 2048 Lauren https://classiccitycatering.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CCC-logo-300x158.png Lauren2019-06-04 21:17:262019-06-04 21:17:26Classic City Oyster Recipe
Pensacola News Journal Feature Article: Pensacola Chefs Share Their Favorite Spring and Summer Small Bites Recipes
Photos by Phillip Makselan
Classic City Oyster Recipe
Grilled Foie Gras Oysters
What you will need:
- 12 Fresh Shucked Oysters on the ½ Shell
- 6oz Foie Gras
- 2 Tablespoons of Shallots minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Raw Garlic minced
- 3oz of Dry White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons of Chives minced
- ¼ oz of Red Caviar
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Start your grill to a high temperature.
- Cut Foie Gras into 6 even slices.
- Score both sides.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over med-high heat.
- Sear Foie Gras until lightly golden on both sides.
- Remove from pan; divide into 12 pieces and set aside
- Add Shallots and Garlic to pan with Foie Gras rendered drippings.
- Lightly sauté until Shallots are translucent.
- Add white wine and black pepper; reduce a quarter of the liquid away.
- Remove from heat.
- Lay oysters on the half shell around your hot grill.
- Top oysters with shallot white wine reduction.
- Top with Foie Gras and cook for 3 minutes under a lid until edges of the oyster simmer.
- Remove from the grill and top with chives and caviar.